Thursday 18 May 2017

Reviewing My Production Work- Assignment 2

1) What are the typical features (conventions) of a film poster that you have used?
I've used a institutional information, star ratings,reviews and my central image is of the main characters: my main (hero) character is Spencer who I have placed in the centre of my poster so that the audience automatically identify on her and know what she will be important.The background character are the six bullies who have bullied her to death: Jordan,Jasmine,Sarah,Alex,Mo. I used an indication of when the film would be released (‘Coming Soon’) to create anticipation and I name checked the stars of the film to interest people who might already be fans of their work.The title of this trailer will attract horror fans as it would question what this movie is about and they would be engaged as they would watch the trailer: This is Why She Did It. The title has the word 'why' in it which asks the audience a question so they have enigma codes from the title. I have also used a colour scheme that is not typical for a horror film as I have used lots of bright white light. This is to convey that something weird is happening to the teenagers and they are not alive. Their eyes I have used an effect to make them look supernatural so the audience will know this is a horror film. I have located it in a school so I have used lockers in my background to attract a teenage audience.   


2) What is the genre of your film? How would your target audience know this from choices you have made? 
The genre of my film is teen horror.The target audience will know it is a teen horror because the central image has a group of teenagers and the background is of school lockers and the characters are wearing school uniform.This will attract a wider teenage audience also this trailer will shed light on cyber bullying but it will have a twist of paranormal ere to it.      


 3) What institutional information have you used to try and sell the film and how does this appeal to the audience? 
I've used famous director Sheldon Wilson who made the movie 'The Hollow' and 'the unspoken' this will attract his fan base and could also appeal to a wider audience as the success of the hollow will attract may people.Also i used star rating from empire magazine and horror monthly to appeal to a wider audience and Also the producer of this film is 'universal' this could do well in the box office and it is more well known and it will encourage more people to watch it.

4) Where are there examples of synergy between your storyboard and trailer? (How are the two clearly linked?)
In my storyboard my main characters are all in one scene behind the lockers and my trailer shows them behind lockers looking dark and gloomy and unidentified as my story is about social media and cyber bullies there synergy between as in the trailer the character behind the main characters look anonymous.   

No comments:

Post a Comment